What you can do with proposals
Contents of this page#
- View current proposals
- Start a new proposal
- Contribute to a proposal
- Support a proposal
- Comment on a proposal
You can view current proposals by going to the Active contests page.
To start a new proposal, you must first register or log in at the upper right part of the page. You can start a new proposal by going to the Active contests page and clicking on "Begin a new proposal."
To complete a proposal:
- go to the Actions & Impacts tab and select actions and run the model to generate impacts
- go to the Description tab and fill in the categories suggested by the template
If you'd like to find other team members for your new proposal, you can go to the Admin tab and select "Ask for help" in the lower left, signaling to other Climate CoLab members that you welcome their assistance.
To contribute to a proposal, you must first register or log in at the upper right part of the page. You can contribute to a proposal in several ways:
- Some teams will accept contributions from anyone. You can find these proposals in Active contests by looking for the ones that have "Anyone" listed in the "Who can edit?" column. For proposals like these, you can simply enter your contributions.
- Other teams accept contributions only from team members. Proposals like this have "Team members only" listed in the "Who can edit?" column. If you'd like to contribute to one of these proposals, go to the Team tab and click the "Request membership" button. The owner of the proposal will receive a message conveying your request. For more, see Teams.
- Some teams are actively looking for contributions from other members. To find these, look for proposals that have a small hand showing in the "Seeking assistance" column.
To support a proposal, you must first register or log in at the upper right part of the page. Then look at the list of proposals on the Active contests page. Click on the name of a proposal that interests you and look at the Actions & Impacts, Positions, and Description tabs. If you'd like to support the proposal, click the "Support this proposal" button to the right of the proposal's name. You can support as many proposals as you like. And you can see a list of a all supporters on any proposal's Team tab. Proposals with the most supporters appear first in the list.
To comment on a proposal, you must first register or log in at the upper right part of the page. Then look at the list of proposals on the Active contests page. Click on the name of a proposal you would like to comment on and click on the Comment tab. Each tab may contain multiple discussions. Click on the name of the discussion that interests you, and click "add comment."