This proposal provides a solution to allow humanity to make decisions based on enhancing sustainability as opposed to monetary gain
We live in a system that is based on economics. Economics is the study of how individuals make choices based on scarcity; as it is assumed that humans have unlimited wants and needs.Given that this system is based on a monetary system; classical economics has made impositions on humanities behaviour by proposing the ideology of profit maximization and furthermore proposing that competition maximizes welfare.
However sustainability requires to us to collectively manage our resources and our consumption and production decisions.I believe sustainability is about being resilient to environmental effects such as the weather an potentially harmful organisms.It is about protecting our bio-diversity that we depend on. It is about being able to coexist as a species. It is about being the best we can be as individuals. Our incentive will be about enhancing the sustainability of our selves and those around us, not monetary pursuit
The monetary system is the root cause of all humanities problems as it imposes behavior of optimality. I propose a new system without the monetary system.This can be achieved by implementing a global information system in order to manage our consumption and production activities within a framework of sustainability.My solution is detailed and thus I will provide the following link to view my entire proposal.
Is this proposal for a practice or a project?
What actions do you propose?
- Get government and corporate entities to believe in global peace and exchange power for peace
- Creation of Information frame one and two and associated infrastructure, so that data can be captured to aid in the transition process and make ready it’s use in the new world order.
- Assemble a global team of engineers, scientists, doctors and individuals who share a similar ideal to this proposal
- Identify energy creation technological constraints, both renewable and nonrenewable, these constraints will determine the length of the transition, furthermore it will determine the length of our forecast decisions(given the constraint of energy we then will have to determine the life we can lead i.e.: where we can go, what we can do and what we consume)
- Redesign education system to incorporate values that are required to get learners to place the ideology of sustainability at the centre of their decision making. As well as equip them mentally and physically to be problem solvers.
- Gather information on all people and resources across all countries
- Medical experts to identify dietary and medical services needs so that goods can be created and made available
- Engineers to build and construct structures to provide housing, food, water, medical services, education and electricity
- Move away from current world transport system towards a transport system that is focused on public transport
- Find substitutes to nonrenewable resources or find scientific methods to strengthen nonrenewable resources so that they can be essentially indestructible in their use; for example: to strengthen rubber tires , preventing metals from corroding, reinforcing buildings to be resistant to environmental effects
- Build production and distribution centres or convert existing civil structures
- Provide goods and services in advance given demand using predictions that are based on current day demand levels.
- Establish the first council members along with support staff in all boards such that individuals allocated will have direction and some orientation in respect to what their roles can possibly be.
- Redeploy individuals of the world into associated “Boards” given their qualifications
- Provide temporary concessions to those without careers until they can be repurposed
- Provide temporary concessions to those who are impoverished and do not have families until they can be rehabilitated
- Provide temporary concessions to existing criminals until they have been rehabilitated.
- Identify all individuals who require permanent concessions: due to the elderly and the disabled
Please see my entire proposal for greater context please visit this link:
Who will take these actions?
The international community. All countries of the world
Where will these actions be taken?
All countries of the world
In addition, specify the country or countries where these actions will be taken.
United Arab Emirates
What impact will these actions have on greenhouse gas emissions and/or adapting to climate change?
Emissions will be within the carrying capacity of the world. All waste must be recyclable or kept to a minimum
What are other key benefits?
Eradication of poverty, crime, war, murder, hunger. All scarcity will be erradicated
What are the proposal’s projected costs?
I am not sure, possibly 10 to 15 years
About the author(s)
My name is Mahesh Moodley. I am a South African national. I hold a Bachelors degree in business science with economics as a major from the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal. I also hold a Bachelor of technology in Information Technology from the Durban University of Technology. I am currently employed as a Software developer.
1. N .G Mankiw(2006) Principles of Microeconomics 4th edition, Chapter 14, pp282-283
2. Parkin M, Powell M, Matthews K (2005),Economics Sixth edition, Chapter 1, pp 14
3. James P (2015) , Urban Sustainability in Theory and Practice: Circles of Sustainability, Chatper 2,pp22-2
Graphs and Diagram References:
1. Estrin S, Laidler D(1995), Introduction to Microeconomics Fourth edition, Chapter 15, pp 205