Climate Change education in Argentina by Education for the future
Every high school student in Argentina should participate at least once in the World Climate Exercise adapted for 12- 17 year old kids.
1) Make a proposal to the Argentine Government to use free web available Climate Interactive World Climate Exercise workshop tools to generate more climate change awareness.
2) Either the Congress could pass a law requiring each high school student to participate in the World Climate Exercise, or
3) The ministry of Education should require that the World Climate Exercise (WCE) be included in high school curricula in all the country.
4) The WCE materials are freely available at Climate Interactive's website.
5) The government should organize facilitator training workshops twice a year.
6) The results from each workshop should be measured to understand the impact on hkgh school students, to improve the learning experience and to train new facilitators.
Is this proposal for a practice or a project?
What actions do you propose?
- Contact government officials and make the proposal.
- Agree an implementation plan with the goverment.
- Get the required financing for training the facilitator.
- Train the facilitators.
- Start giving workshops in high schools.
- Get Congress to make a law supporting these workshops.
Who will take these actions?
- The "Education for the Future" team.
- The Argentine Government, in particular the Ministry of Education.
- World Climate Exercise facilitators.
- High school teachers.
- High school students.
- Donors and sponsors.
Where will these actions be taken?
Argentina's high schools, mainly public schools, but also private high schools.
In addition, specify the country or countries where these actions will be taken.