An interactive awareness campaign & business model to reduce Green house emisisons and encourage people to adopt low carbon impact products.
Nike products will feature hidden emotional messages that will help raise people's emotions to be more concerned about the environment through water sensitive ink and graphics in clothes and Nike products.
That means when the user is washing the clothes or when it is soaked in water the hidden graphics and messages that raise people's emotions for the need to shift to low carbon impact becomes visible.
There is a need for such a innovative campaign because it will help teach or understand the impact of the product on the climate change and how they can help resolve the problem.
Also it will show a discount code in water sensitive ink which they can use to buy a low carbon impact product when they shop next time. So in a way it educates and encourages people to shift to materials with less carbon impact and also create a business model for Nike which encourages people to use products with less carbon footprint.
What actions do you propose?
- Printing Nike products like clothes with water sensitive ink prints and graphics which becomes visible when clothes are washed. These prints and graphics will feature a hidden emotional message that encourages user to shift to a material with low carbon impact.
- The print shows a discount code which can be used to buy Nike products with low carbon impact.
Who will take these actions?
Nike can implement the project as a pilot project with a special type of T shirts that they can sell. MIT chemistry team can help choose the best suitable water sensitive print and ink that suits the fabric.
Where will these actions be taken?
These actions will be taken around the globe as Nike sells its products in various countries.
What are other key benefits?
- Help attract youth's attention and encourages them to use products with low carbon impact as the message is conveyed in an innovative manner which create an essence of surprise.
- Also informs the user the best way to recycle their used cloth that will create a positive impact for the environment.
What are the proposal’s costs?
- Less than $1000 for research and development.
- Cost of printing products with water sensitive graphics- $2 per product of medium size.
It can be implemented within a very short time span of less than a month as the technologies required to deploy the solution already exists and is easily available for a very low cost.