Artifical Hydroplane generated for extremely large trans ocean cargo ships by ATP: we power life
Using high pressure air pumped out beneath a flat bottomed ship,to trap it,and seperate the ship fom the water,to eleviate drag on the ship.
1. The design of this will be very long, and have a flat bottom which will be inter spaced by 5 to 7 thin catamaran type hulls to add strength.
2. From beneath the front of the hulls will extend an adjustable air rod/nozzle that will be used to pump high pressure air out into the water, beneath, and in front of the hulls.
a. This will decrease water density in front of the hulls by creating a low density "hole" in the water. then the air will be caught beneath the flat bottomed ship which will compress it, and separate the ship from the water.
b. This will first decrease the weight of water the front of the hull must move out of the way, and then separate the flat bottom areas from the water, eliminating drag, and making the turning of the prop at least 75% efficient. (according to my lacking calculations) + (present props are only 30% efficient at best)
3. Due to the long and large size of this cargo ship it can be powered by The Hydrogen powered thermal mass oven as explained in the contest "Energy Supply".
What actions do you propose?
1. The lack of emissions of pollution and heat by this ship would make it eco-friendly.
2. The use of hydrogen powered thermal mass oven will make powering this ship very cheap.
3. The economical power, large size, and speed, at which this ship will cross the oceans will allow this ship to take over the entire trans ocean shipping industry in a short period. Putting the standard shipping lines, and their pollution generating ships out of business.
4. Further, the building of off shore docks to load and unload this cargo ship, off shore will allow for more speed of transport, eliminate security costs, and allow smaller versions of this design to transport orders to shore when desired by the customer.
Who will take these actions?
Business. Possibly military application for super large aircraft carriers.
Where will these actions be taken?
How much will emissions be reduced or sequestered vs. business as usual levels?
The elimination of trans ocean transportation business given other "old design" fossil fuel ships, will eliminate most of the pollution and heat generated by these 1000's of ships a year.
What are other key benefits?
1. Increase in the speed of consumer goods delivery.
2. The large size of the ship will carry more per trip.
3. The lack of fuel costs will make such deliveries cheaper.
What are the proposal’s costs?
estimated 30 million x 10 ships= 300 million to take over trans ocean shipping
Hydrogen powered Thermal mass oven for steam and electrical production (see: Energy Supply)
basic thoughts. no need