Please find below the
This is a great idea but I wonder if the authors are aware of the MIT FabLabs that have proliferated around the world. Promoted by Prof. Neil Gershenfeld the fablabs are essentially fulfilling the function that the author proposes.
Interesting proposition but I have several questions:
1) Who would fund all of this?
2) Why would MIT want employees in far flung locations? People management is the hardest part of any business.
3) Why do you think there would be sufficient volunteers from MIT Clubs? Most are too small and only retirees would be able to monitor the facility during the day.
4) How and who would prioritize scheduling of people wanting to use the facility?
5) Why would MIT want to have long term leases in far flung space? Clubs would probably not be willing to foot the bill.
This is an intriguing idea and one of the more "out of the box " ideas I have seen. It needs further thought though to make it a viable possibility.
No comments have been posted.